We’re looking to take on a junior system administrator.
Ideally, you’ll have completed some relevant studies and perhaps tinkered with your own web server – now you want to build up your skills and take on regular server administration. Working at Made you’ll learn the ropes in a busy, growing agency doing work for high profile, international clients.
Essential skills and traits
• A minimum of 1 year Linux or Mac OS CLI experience
• Knowledge of the basics of shell scripting and DNS
• Knowledge of the functionality of the sudo and rm commands
• Good communication skills (you’ll be required to thoroughly document and script out procedures)
• A passion to learn the rest of our systems
Advantageous skills / traits
• Solid knowledge of shell scripting, Apache configuration, ruby and/or PHP
• 2+ years experience of looking after a Linux web server (not necessarily commercial experience)
• Experience in CentOS or Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers
• Managing DNS either via a web interface or BIND
• SSL Certificate Procurement
• Experience of Amazon AWS, MySQL servers and Version Control
If you’ve also contributed to online projects in the past then we’d be interested in hearing about that.
If this sounds like you then please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.